Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Tutti fruitti

Last week, I got myself a bunch of daffodils that blossomed within a few hours. This week, I have scarcely needed the heater on at home. Today, I changed my winter coat for my body warmer. It's official, Spring is on the way!

I had intended to take a photo of the aforementioned daffodils, but I didn't get around to buying a vase before they wilted. They were in an old empty bubble bath bottle, which while being exactly the right size, was not exactly pretty enough for a blog photo, I felt. I'm on the hunt for a nice vase now...recycled glass methinks.

So in lieu of a fresh springy photo of my daffodils I thought I'd share with you what I've been working on this week:


The plan is to make some lovely gocco-ed notecards with various designs, starting off with apples and pears as a two-design set. I thought fruit would be a nice colourful thing for notecards. This is a rough idea of the colour I'm going for - how they turn out will depend on what the ink is like. I'm thinking of mixing up a sort of pale yellowish green, nice and zingy. The apples are either going to be red with green leaves/stems or green all over like the pears...or a mixture.

They're going to be very itsy bitsy - 7cm by 10cm when folded in half. I have been busying myself with cutting out the card ready:


It's lovely recycled card from a company in the UK, to go with my itsy bitsy recycled paper envelopes. I'm deciding on whether to go with the white envelopes for these or the brown 'craft' colour...hmmm.

3 comments:

natural attrill said...

I think the brown colour is a nice contrast.
P.x

Stavri said...

I agree the brown paper would really bring out the vivid colours! Can't wait to see them finished :O)

ally said...

I agree I think the brown colour would work best, it kind of reminds me of the colour of grocery bags so maybe that's why I think it would work best with fruit, but I think particularly with the green pear design you have shown it would look really nice :)