Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Monday, 15 September 2008

Beyond the Sea

Hello hello :)

I'm back from my holidays in the hills of the north and the village by the sea. In the past two weeks I have...
* Had a horrendous 12 hour journey up north to the village I grew up in.
* Spent a day recovering from aforementioned journey.
* Been to the dentist (all ok, phew!)
* Got my hair cut. For those who don't know me in real life, it was pretty much waist length and now is a layered, shoulder length bob. For the first few days I kept brushing my hair and being stunned that it ended so soon. Catching a glance of myself in the mirror I couldn't help swishing my head from side to side and singing 'short hair short hair shorty shorty short haaaaair' to myself (I honestly am 26, not 6...)
* Gone shopping with a friend and bought lots of autumn/winter clothes.
* Been to see old family friends on the way back south and met their adorable dwarf Labrador. (I am not typically a dog person, but this one is so cute)
* Stayed in a gorgeous little cottage in a lovely fishing village.

http://tinyurl.com/69s7al

* Met two friendly puddy tats and several beautiful seals and sealions.
* Seen some of the tall ships taking part in the Funchal 500 race.

* Eaten a very great deal of cake and cream.

AND purchased The Fabric I Have Been Looking For for scarves. Deciding on the best colours etc took me a while, but I am pleased with the ones I went with. I have lovely cotton jersey (with a little lycra for softness, stretch and reduced crinkledness) in sky blue and pale cream.

I've made a start on my first scarf already (I got today off work after all, yippee!) All this sea air* has encouraged me to continue on my theme of shoals of fish and pebbles, ripples and reflections in water...and on the cream fabric I have plans for designs on themes as disparate as butterscotch, barleycorn and tree growth rings. Piccies to follow shortly.

In other news, my generous dad has suggested that I make a picture for the new living room of their house, and in return he will buy me a printer :D This means that hopefully it won't be long before I can recommence with plans for Scatterbox Originals that pivot around having a good printer...and I can make the return address labels I mentioned here:
http://scatterboxtwo.blogspot.com/2008/06/variations-on-theme.html

and also some lovely packaging stickers for Treacle Toffee.

Huzzah!

Have a great week, folks.

*You may say that it is odd I mention sea air as if it is not something I usually have, living in a seaside town. But, as the grass is always greener on the other side, the sea is always bluer in a place you don't see all the time...if that makes sense!

3 comments:

paula said...

Welcome back, Cat! Sounds like you had a lovely time away :o) And I look forward to seeing the scarf fabric and the tree-ring designs!

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Welcome back! Glad to see you had a good hol with lots of cake :D I look forward to seeing the new scaterbox two goodies and blog entries and thanks for your comments on my blog ;)

Deb said...

hello cat. welcome back. sounds like you had a lovely time. the tree ring designs sound very interesting. dx.