Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Frills and spills

Back to crafting and at last I can show you some things that have been in my mind's eye for a while.

Cushions for kids (aged 3 to 103 - sorry 104 year-olds, but I think you should be too grown up for this sort of thing by your age) The frilly scalloped edges are the same felt I use for the appliques - soft but not too flimsy. I like how these look like little framed pictures on my chair. You could have a whole gallery!




Annnnnd....

My first lunch bag (featuring my bear, again!) - well I say first, second really. My first ever ever lunch bag I made a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately I forgot to allow in my pattern for enough depth, silly me.
It's pinkish red vinyl on the outside and lined with red and white spotty cotton. My main priority when I made it was to make it as easy to clean as possible - the vinyl can be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge, as can the lining (which I pre-washed) I have plans for more with different designs.



In other news...

The squally weather in West Cornwall continues. I went out today on an important supplies buying mission and just about managed to miss the rain, thank goodness! Included in the supplies I bought were more pieces of silk for Treacle Toffee jewellery. More wearable tempests and light pools on the way, among other things...

...did someone whisper 'earrings' just then?

Shop updates in the very near future :)

4 comments:

MonPetitLapin said...

I love your bear cushion! Your bear and bumble bee designs are my favourite and I love browsing your etsy shop. I wish you the best with it as I don't know how anyone could resist your bumbly wumbly! Oh and I just heard thunder overhead (London)grrr Becky

Catherine said...

Thanks Becky :D

Deb said...

hello cat. thoose cushions are bloody great! the bear one is my favorutie though i would give the tree one a big fat hug. dx

natural attrill said...

What a fantastic lunch bag, so original!
Shopping bags, or just big handbags like tote bags, but in vinyl, would be really good, with your added embelishments, dont you think?
P.