Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Tuesday, 29 July 2008

The Gathering Storm

In continuation of the nature and elements inspired Treacle Toffee range, this week I am going to be making things on the theme of tempests...sultry late summer days and the nearing harvest, when they sky is just about to burst with rain and all colours become saturated against the steely sky.


...also soon to be listed are things inspired by golden fields of barleycorn, heather and lavender....more leafy things and 'honesty'...

Plus, finishing some of the things I've shown you sneak previews of before, which for some reason have been left aside for some time.

Check back in the next few days and I should have some pictures of the finished articles!

All of this I am juggling with new things for Scatterbox Originals (and the Day Job of course!) I've made headway with some more artwork for mobiles and I plan on using the same designs for fridge magnets, just as soon as I can master my new medium!


7 comments:

Deb said...

so much to take it! your sketches are fab cat. we have alot to look forward to. i am trying to put together a colour swatch book-like cuttings from fabric or magazines-maybe be a good idea for you as well? as i see you have used a lot of descriptive words? just a thought. dx.

Catherine said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll bear it in mind :)

PG said...

I love the way you're going with this, the weather themes - and those bottom designs strike me as being eminently greeting card-ish...

Catherine said...

Thanks PG :) Its mainly weather themed at the moment (well, there's a lot of weather about!) and a bit of nature and then a bit of sort of food inspired stuff...which probably sounds weird for jewellery but it's going to be abstract.

The Scatterbox things are indeed veering towards cards and stationery. I have a lot of plans, and trying to work through them systematically rather than getting all excited and flitting between them too much...

natural attrill said...

I love your jewellery/weather sketches Cat, lovely loose movement in your lines. I loojk forward to seeing your creations in 3D!
P.x

Catherine said...

Thanks Penny :D
In a strange way, sketching these design ideas 'keeps my hand in' in terms of Illustration. I'm doing some Illustration work over this next month for a project: www.advicetosinkinslowly.net
Exciting stuff!

natural attrill said...

I really like the rain on glass purse, it is going ot be really pretty! To reply to your comment, no. I have not done strung felt & button necklaces, but i have done long ones with buttons and felt knotted onto hemp