Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Thursday, 3 April 2008

Finally...

...at last, real and glorious sunshine! These past two days have had beautiful weather. My room has been flooded with light - perfect photography conditions, great for long days of sewing, a little walk along the beach perhaps. Just what I've been waiting for all this time...

Only it's one day away from the end of the tax year here in the UK, which means... its stocktaking time. Argh! The next few days are going to be given over to measuring, counting, calculating and working through my accounts books. Hopefully, by the time this is done and I'm able to get back to the fun part (making things other than lists of numbers) , Mr Sun will still be here to help me take nice pictures of bags, wallets, brooches, necklaces and all the other things on my To Make list.

I'm making the most of the sunlight while it's here with this cool gadget I got for Christmas called the 'sun jar':

You leave it out in the sun, and the solar panel slurps up all the sunshine goodness...



...and then at night you switch it on, and you've got a lovely blue nightlight :)

April also heralds a new tariff from the post office, and I'm sorry to say I've had to increase my shipping costs a little bit. On the plus side, I've now got around to adding a shipping option in both shops for Ireland. In the past, all customers outside the UK have had the same shipping fees, as listing every single possible country is just too long-winded for me, but this is not really fair on more local customers.
So, from now on, customers in:

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Corsica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia (the country not the US state!), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madeira, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia and Montenegro Kosovo, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Spitzbergen, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and the Vatican...

can all get in touch prior to purchasing, to arrange to get the same shipping fees as Ireland
:)

2 comments:

Erica-Jane said...

Helloooo!

my goodness, I've missed so much on your blog! I guess not popping into the forum either I'm a little out of touch...
I love the bag with the apple tree on the hill!
Speaking of tax, my return form flopped onto my doormat this morning...ugh!
I'm very jealous of your beachy walks.
Anyway...I'll be back soon! And as regards Sienna's expressions, I swear she's been here before!
Lovely, lovely work, and I'm so chuffed that your shop is doing so well, I'm not at all surprized though.

Erica
xoxoxoxo

Catherine said...

Thanks Erica! Lovely to see you (so to speak...) :)