Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Wild and woolly

In case you haven't heard, the weather around here lately has been really rather rainy, windy, squally, blustery, and all in all, wild and woolly! Gale force winds are not what we're used to here in Cornwall. (Luckily I grew up in the northern hills where windy weather is quite normal, so I'm not too fazed by it. I even ventured out into town on Monday and sort of enjoyed the eerie lack of people in the streets, until tiles started flying off of roofs and crashing in the street below; then I realised why most sensible people were in their homes!) I've managed to get through the storm unscathed and while the hatches were battened-down I got on with making a few things...



These will be arriving in the shop very soon. My Scatterbox items seem to be taking on an increasingly dream-like quality. The bag above (which I am mentally referring to as my halo-moon bag) is inspired by the saying "A halo 'round the sun or moon, rain or snow is coming soon". This particular moon is shining down on some growing flowers and seedlings. I love the thought of little plants growing up out of the earth while the world is sleeping, and nothing watching them but the moon. :)
I really want to finish off my other midnight blue bag, but I underestimated how much tape I would need for the handles, so that'll be held back for a while.

The weather is a bit calmer today, and coincidentally this lull came at the same time as a nice little parcel containing some wool which is going to be used for some Treacle Toffee zingy spring-y thingies!


I'll post more about that in due course. In the meantime, I think hot chocolate and a blanket are in order :)

4 comments:

sUz said...

hi cAtheRine!
I so enjoy your etsy shops so I thought I'd drop by your blog too!
I love all the sweet little details you add by hand.
Have fun with your new wool - great colors by the way!
iN jOy,
sUz

Catherine said...

Thank you Suz :) (and thanks for the blog link)

Erica-Jane said...

mmmmmmm, there's nothing better than being cosied up inside by the fire, when it's howling a gale outside, especially when you are surrounded by fabric and sewing machines and needles and pins and buttons and ribbons......

Gorgeous bag by the way!

Erica
xoxox

ladysnail said...

more lovely items created by the lady cat! they look ace. have fun with your new wool. dx.