Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Thursday, 6 March 2008

From paper to fabric

From the doodlings I did last week, here are some close-ups of one of the bags and the purse in progress...



I've done pretty much all the handsewing part for all three, so I should get them finished up quite soon.

Treacle Toffee fans, fear not! I will eventually post that elusive handbag I talked about before, but I've decided to hold off a little while until I have a few others made. I'm also about to make more necklaces using these bits of felt:

as well as a few secret ingredients :-)

Other things on my workboard this week:

You can see the beginnings of another new tote bag on there (can you guess what it is yet?), another purse (I think this is one of my favourites so far), the bagged-up felt beads, a rolled up length of tape for bag handles (it's dark navy blue but for some reason my camera struggles with some blues...the cornflower and aqua blue felt beads look the right colour though - on my screen anyway!) Also my precious fabric scissors Which Are Never To Be Used For Paper, a couple of my templates that I've cut from scrap bits of card, my tape measure, and my box of bobbins.

Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

natural attrill said...

You're busy - looks like lots of interesting things developing there.
P.

Gabby said...

Hi Cat, thanks for the comment!
I'm sorry to say I haven't looked at your blog before & have just seen what I've been missing - beautiful stuff there!

Catherine said...

Thanks girls :D

ladysnail said...

lovely little working space cat. i sometimes like to work on a tv tray-one of them cushion ones. keep on sewing. dx

Catherine said...

I could do with one of those cushioned trays for when I'm working on small things. The only downside to my wooden board is if I want to move it, anything small like my spools of wool roll off the side. I've lost a small button recently, and been looking everywhere for it!

Catherine said...

Um, I mean, my spools of cotton...oh dear, I'm woolly headed today ;-)
Lucky I don't keep my marbles on that workboard, or I'd loose them too...