Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Wednesday, 26 March 2008

As promised...

Well, its officially spring now here, although the clocks don't spring forward until Sunday. Mother Nature doesn't seem to know about this, though, and so I'm still wearing my snuggly winter boots and having lots of hot tea. I'm not complaining - I like wintery weather really, but I'm looking forward to a little more sunshine! I'm fighting against the grizzly skies through craft, and so I present you with the aforementioned...

zingy...springy....
thingies!

The swarm(ette) of bumblebees is the beginning of a new range of felt brooches that I'm quite excited about. They come as a set of three so that you can pin them together in all manner of flight formations, or pin one seperately to your cardigan/bag/jacket so that you're never without one. I think these would work well pinned to one of my flower tote bags, arranged amongst the blossoms like they're collecting pollen. :-)

The yellow and blue necklace is probably the most contrasting colour combination I've tried so far, and I hope folks like it. Its also the first necklace I've made that is super duper long, and can be doubled up to varying degrees (inspired by the lovely Michelle of etsy admin fame selecting one of my treacle toffee creations for an article on long necklaces)

Most of my necklaces are made to give the effect of a doubled-over necklace but are actually two lengths of string fixed together at the top (this is the approach I've gone for with my third leafy necklace, pictured here. The leafy things are among my favourites right now)

There's been a really nice, positive reaction to my sunshine and seedlings wallet (see previous post) which is great as I have plans for a few similar items.

And so, to the sewing!

5 comments:

natural attrill said...

Love the bees, they would look nice strung along on a necklace as well.
P.

ladysnail said...

lovely bee swarm cat. they look so cute all together in a group. as you said you could have them pinned 'flying' or buzzing across your top or on your bag. dx.

natural attrill said...

sometimes i think my mum can read my mind, that is just what i was going to say!!
toby.

Catherine said...

Thanks for the comments :D
I'm not sure I can get them to work as a necklace...but I do have plans for a bee mobile.

woolies said...

love the buzzy bees!