Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Thursday, 21 February 2008

You can never have too many...

I've been working on some more tote bags. One is now finished, going in the shop very soon, and the other should be finished this week. This is good timing since one of my trees tote bags has just sold! I'm really pleased with the contrasting cotton straps, so I plan on using them a lot more in future. The fuzzy brushed cotton straps that I used in my older bags are lovely too, but they're considerably fiddlier to make!
Here's a sneak preview:






There should be some similar purses and pouches following in the near future. I've also got plans for some bags using other colours of brushed cotton. I really like the white backgrounds for their versatility, but I know a lot of people prefer a darker colour. There are a few ideas bumbling about in my brain that I'm eager to try. (watch this space!)

In between bag-making, I've been working on this fellow:

4 comments:

ladysnail said...

i wnat to see more of the yeti! he looks so snuggly. i like seeing these works in progress cat. the tote bags look fab. dx.

natural attrill said...

He looks really sad, needing a cuddle, lovely character.
I like the little red bird too.
P.x

Catherine said...

Thanks girls. There are more pics of the yeti on my flickr page :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21274561@N04/
He's going on etsy soon along with the red bag, which is now complete. :)

ladysnail said...

hello cat. just added scatterboxtwo to my links on my blog. as i kept forgetting you have two! dx.