Scatterbox Originals on Etsy

Tuesday, 11 December 2007

The hare that never was, but shall be

Part way through making Fergus, it became apparent that I needed to rethink the structure of his ears in order for them to stand upright, true hare-fashion. I never waste fabric if I can possibly avoid it, so I decided instead to make Arnott. Arnott is a chocolate brown bunny who has been hopping about in the back of my imagination for some time, thumping his extra-long hind legs trying to get my attention (I attribute my recent headaches and sore left eye to this). He has an unfortunate tendency to sulk if he doesn't get his own way, and in the end, I gave in. Despite his attention-seeking nature, Arnott is a sweet bunny really, who just wants to be loved.
Also popping up in my etsy shop soon are some more chunky felt brooches, mostly rich red and brown ones but one or two other colourways as well. I've almost entirely run out of cranberry red felt, but I will be making enquiries with my supplier to see if they can get hold of some more for me, it's one of my favourite colours right now.

Now that international shipping deadlines have passed, I'm gearing down on production in preparation for my Christmas break. I'm taking purchases from UK customers right up until the afternoon of Monday 17th of December, making one last trip to the post office that afternoon, then packing my bags for my holiday.

In the new year, things will be back into full swing so expect to see more things like
* wristwarmers
* jewellery - necklaces, bracelets, brooches
* ASTFA animals, including Fergus and some Lost Pigs
* totes and shoulderbags

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Arnott is cute!
I'm looking forward to seeing the lost pigs.
P.x

Laurie said...

Thank you for the link, Scatterbox. It is great to catch up with your blog right in time to meet Arnott! Squishable & adorable!

Have a warm & safe holiday and thanks again for your kindness.
~L from ouou